Thursday 26 July 2012

Scotland's New Shame?

Sounds bad and speaking as a Scot, something I feel. Scotland has so much to offer and be proud of. From a welcoming people, to great scenery, the Scottish nation has a reputation for hospitality. But now we have added a shame which we cannot be proud of.

Same sex marriage will now be pursued by the majority SNP government, and it expects its wish to be in place for homosexuals to marry within two or three years. First we need to change the equality law. What? The equality law?? Yes apparently we live with an unequal equality law, so we have to make the law more equal now. Got it? No, neither do I! In spite of many thousands of people who made it clear they were against this change of law (64%), both at Scottish and UK level, and the objections of a cross section of major churches, ‘Wee Eck’, our First Minister has decided to push ahead regardless.

I have adopted a simple approach to my voting pattern. I believe any political party can fund the Health Service, the Rail Systems and the Welfare and Social needs. It is only a matter of degree that separates them all. But not all of them have a moral or ethical mind. This is such a case. Same sex marriage panders to the lobby who shouted loudest. This is a political calculation, made for real Political Correctness only, and nothing to do with the benefit of the Scottish nation or its people in the long term. I wonder what this fundamental change of law will make to the lives and expectations of our children and grandchildren in say 30 years time? Maybe you are not concerned. For my part I am deeply worried that we are descending into a spiritual abyss. We saw the signs, but could or would not do anything about it.

A proud Scot? Not any more. In fact I am ashamed to be included as one of the nation who has betrayed God’s natural laws so blatantly, and so arrogantly. As of now, I am hesitant about my Scottishness. I do not want to be numbered with the transgressors. I expect to be labelled as homophobic. That is the way it goes now, and our once proud nation will bear down heavy on anyone who dares to disagree. After all, if the equality law on marriage which has stood the test of time for many hundreds of years will be changed so easily, it can be changed again. Do you really think it will be altered for the moral or spiritual good? No,neither do I. The Godlessness on Scotland has reached a new low. In case you are in doubt of God’s standard on this, I leave you with this short passage:

No, you yourselves do wrong and cheat, and you do these things to your brethren! Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Cor 6:8-10 NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment