Friday 26 May 2017

Confidant

I think a definition is necessary. “A confidant is a person with whom one shares a secret or private matter, trusting them not to repeat it to others.”

Let me be brutally honest, one of the loneliest times in the life of a single person, whether young, old, male or female is the lack of a listening ear when times get tough. Let’s face it, things do get unbearably rough at times, and when you have a husband, wife, or partner, you can unload your deepest feelings and fears knowing fully that they will support, understand, sympathise, and it will go no further.

Sometimes I miss that special person in my life because it isn’t always fitting, easy or possible to share your heart with others, even your family who may have their own issues to face. Having that close, trusted spouse or close friend is invaluable, and not to be taken for granted. Somehow I don’t think I am alone in my thinking, and since the Bible is the Word of God for all times, situations, and people, it wisely puts it this way:


Two are better than one…..if either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. Ecclesiastes 4:9,10

No comments:

Post a Comment