Monday 2 July 2018

TMI

It seems to be happening all the time. More and more often I am reading something, usually online on social media, like Facebook, and I get a sudden urge to shout at the screen ENOUGH, ALREADY! This doesn’t usually happen in a face to face conversation where people are accountable, but when hidden behind a keyboard or screen of some kind? Well folks are a bit crazy sometimes.

It’s almost as if the talker wants me/us to recognise that they are worth their words, and need to be listened to, because they struggle with not being taken seriously most of the time, and they don’t like living in the background. Jesus’ words in Matthew 5:37 ring true in more than the one obvious way when He says: “Let what you say be simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything more than this comes from evil.”

We don’t need to add that extra ‘edgy’, or ‘juicy’, detail to the story we are telling to catch attention. Better to keep it brief, and to the point. That way we cannot be misunderstood, misquoted, but most of all I don’t have to scream at my computer, “Too Much Information”! (TMI). May God prevent me from doing the same thing to others!

No comments:

Post a Comment