Saturday 31 July 2010

Forgiveness and Consequences

I tend to see myself as a patient and quite forgiving person. I like to see even handedness in my  dealings, and usually root for the weak, or the underdog. I am not alone in wanting to see justice and peace in the world.


Then there are child abusers, and child molesters, and child murderers. Like Ian Huntley in fact! He murdered two young girls, who trusted him, and he took their lives, and the lives of their families away... for ever!


This sub human is now planning to sue the prison authorities for 10,000s of thousands of pounds because, they did not protect him from the other inmate(s) in his prison, who tried to cut his throat. In fact, they did manage to wound him, but he survived, unlike his two young victims. 


Actions have consequences. All of them. Some good and some bad. Maybe there really is some honour among thieves, but in any case, it should come as no surprise that Huntley is not liked, even in prison. This is a consequence of his actions, and although not a good one, it is understandable! The part I cannot stomach is that he is now pursuing legal action against the prison authorities for allowing him to be attacked, or to put it another way, for not standing over him 24 hours a day!


My solution is easy. Keep him locked up all day, and do not open the door to the cell, ever. Only provide whatever meals can be shoved under his door. A diet of pizza and pancakes should about do it. We have abolished the death penalty, so that's not an option, but he doesn't have to get 5 star treatment either. Let him breathe and eat. I think that would about do it. Then the other prisoners can't get near to harm him again. It's either that, or handcuff him to a prison warder in shifts for protection. Now that's going too far! I, and lots of people like me, will wonder how this will end. Will the lawsuit be successful? In our upside down, PC, Social Services driven society, I would not be surprised, but it doesn't make it right.   

No comments:

Post a Comment