Thursday 2 August 2018

Body, Heart and Mind

Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7 NLT

No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice. My body rests in safety. Psalm 16:9


The Bible has a way of pulling things together as you read and meditate, and these inspired verses are doing what only Scripture can do! It is no secret that we are a mixture of body, heart and mind, and different things will affect one part of us directly, but the other parts are also hurt by association. We are reminded by Paul that all parts of our body work together in this passage: Yes, there are many parts, but only one body. The eye can never say to the hand, “I don’t need you.” The head can’t say to the feet, “I don’t need you.” 1 Corinthians 12:20,21 NLT So why do we get taken by surprise at times? I know I do.

It should come as no shock that when my mind is out of whack, my body and heart feel the consequences. If we have a bad dream, or a nightmare, our heart races and we sweat. When we wake up in the morning, we might not remember the dream in detail, but we will still be suffering the consequences in our body, of what was imagined in the brain. To state the obvious, it didn’t really happen! Try telling the result of fear in your body that! There is no cure for the body feeling what goes on in our imagination, but there is good news available for the believer.

We have the assurance that ​His peace will guard your hearts and minds! When satan comes with the bad dreams of our former life. He has no control over our body when he attacks our minds, as you live in Christ Jesus. Don’t you love the way the Psalmist puts it: No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice. My body rests in safety.

So, there you have it. The believer’s mind, heart and body are under the control of our Saviour, or put another way, under the blood of the cross! How good is that? Sleep easy my believing friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment