Saturday 24 February 2018

Pleasant Surprise

Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12 NIV


I always appreciate a little encouragement along the way, and somehow I don’t think I am alone in that, because we all need to be encouraged from time to time. Where do you find your support, or does it fall by surprise into your lap? It can be either or both!


Only after reading and applying the Word of God from the Bible which must always come first, if you are like me you might use some online devotionals from well known, reliable and respected church leaders. There are so many out there, but not all you find are good for you. Some peddle error, especially for the younger mind.


Imagine my surprise to come across a young teenager whose thoughts are set out in a clear, Bible based, sincere manner. For me it was an even more pleasant surprise because it transpires that I know this young Christian, but what I didn’t know was just how well she passes on the Word of God in her own simple, yet profound way. Now I watch for her next posting. I won’t embarrass her by giving her name, but once again I am reminded of the truth of our verse today. Just because you are young does NOT mean your thoughts are less important or profound than any other person of more mature years, and I place myself in the ‘more mature years’ category.


We are each given gifts, and I am glad to see this particular gift being used for the Kingdom. You know who you are, and I for one want to publicly thank, and encourage you to carry on. I hope your friends, family, and even those you don’t know (yet) will find you and be encouraged by your heart. After all, it’s important to ‘spreadthegdnews’!

No comments:

Post a Comment