Thursday 20 July 2017

The Good Work

And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:6

In my youth, there was a badge that some wore on their lapel with the letters: “BPGIFWM” and I thought it was all wrong, and just an excuse for some wrongdoing in the name of being human. The letters stood for, “Be Patient God Isn’t Finished With Me”. The older I get, the more I see the truth of the badge.

Paul says it in different words in our text. Be sure of this. Once God has started the good work of salvation in us, He will complete it. It is certain, and it will be in His timing. Maybe at the time of Jesus return, or our passing into glory. Truthfully, it doesn’t matter to me, because either way I will be suited and fit for heaven.

This won’t happen because of anything I have done to deserve it, but as a direct result of God’s grace after confession of sins, and salvation. Aren’t you glad it’s all in God’s hands? So, it really is true. God isn’t finished with us quite yet. Amen to that thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment