Tuesday 18 July 2017

Look Up!

I look up to the hills, but where will my help really come from? My help will come from the Lord, the Creator of heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1,2

I need to do this a lot more often. Not sure about you, but there are times in my life when I am watching my feet when I should be looking heavenward. Up, not down is the best way.

There are some who are naturally optimistic, and others who are pessimistic. Then there are those who call themselves realists, but we all know the folks who say that are really pessimists who don’t want to admit it!

I think it’s fair to say we all want to be more optimistic in our outlook, but don’t you find that life can get you down, and once again you start looking at your feet on the street, and not with your eyes on the skies? I suggest right there is the time I need to count my blessings. You know, all the times in the past when God has come through loud and clear to banish the clouds and doubts, and give me back my mislaid once brave faith.

The Psalmist is clear where his help ‘really’ came from. Did you notice the word ‘really’? Perhaps he was bothered with the same mundane worries we have today, and he needed to remind himself that his help really and only comes from the Lord. Lesson learned? I hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment