Sunday 5 February 2017

Gap? What Gap??

You are young, but don’t let anyone treat you as if you are not important. Be an example to show the believers how they should live. Show them by what you say, by the way you live, by your love, by your faith, and by your pure life. 1 Timothy 4:12

The younger generation take a lot of flak. They are smug, coddled, protected, entitled, uneducated etc etc.. You must have heard the talk. In fact you might even have joined in and added your own words to describe these spongers of the community.

I need to set the record straight. I might be a lone voice crying in the social wilderness, but that’s ok. The truth is never easily accepted. Mind you I can only base my thoughts and opinion on my own family and friends who are in their teenage years. Are you open and honest enough to remember truthfully, what you were like yourself? That can be a bit like entering a confessional booth, but you will feel better when you let the truth into the open.

The fact is, recently I have found my grandkids to be everything a grown up adult should be, and are not. It can come as a surprise when your grandkids talk sensitive, intelligent sense. Remember these are young men and women who are two generations distant. We should be doing the advising, and they ought to be doing the listening. Right? Every time, right??

The generation gap in my own case has taken a hit. There is no gap, and I love it. Conversations are sensible, sensitive, loving, reasoned and logical. There are adults I know who don’t have these qualities. I can’t take the credit for this, because there is the generation in between. My own children, and they have to take the credit for producing such terrific children. I suppose all I have to do is enjoy the results of their hard work, and that’s easy. Yes, I am blessed beyond belief. So no matter how hard I look, I can’t see that so called generation gap! Am I lucky? No, I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment