Saturday 2 February 2019

Closer!

Yes, after some time thinking over many things that have happened recently, I find myself closer than before. The thoughts that had previously passed through my mind before now were not the only reason, and are but a small part of my journey. I don’t know if I will hurt anyone, I hope not, as this was never my intention. And anyway, this might not get past the thought process, or be a permanent or final situation.

What could be so important to me that would cause such heart and thought wrenching? Let me ask you, what kind of situation generally speaking, would cause you most grief? For me, that would be family whether direct or indirect, including my chosen church family. In each case, we are close, and in each case I would never want to hurt anyone at any level. But that may not be possible.

Having been an active part of my church for over 55 years, it does not come easy to switch allegiance. But what would make me do this, let alone consider it? If I am being open and honest, there are a few and enough to list. Some small and incidental, and sadly some which are bigger, and ones I have tried to ignore. Some at my General church level, and others at a local church level. Funnily enough it’s not usually the big issues that cause most trouble, it’s the annoying niggles that won’t go away, and that itch which needs to be scratched.

Just for the record, I am fully aware that no church is perfect. That said, there are some less imperfect than others, also those that would possibly differ in theology, doctrine, or more likely the (non) practice of their stated beliefs. Since God looks on the heart, He will look beyond the outer appearance of any church or person, but more importantly see the motivation of each heart.

The Lord doesn’t see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1Samuel16:7NLT

However it is equally important to balance that truth with the verse which tells us that it’s also what is in the heart, that comes out in our actions. (There may be little in the heart to come out in our actions!)

For as he thinks in his heart, so is he. Proverbs23:7NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment