Wednesday 25 January 2017

Greener!

Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. Philippians 4:11

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. How many times have you heard that? It comes out in other ways, like “if only I/they had”, or “they should have”, or maybe even “if that was me, I wouldn’t have done it that way”. All show a deep level of insecurity and discontentment, and they are all avoidable.

We all have that one friend, and if you are unfortunate you may have more than one, who can find fault with just about anything and everything. Nothing goes right, and it would seem that the world has turned against them. Conversations are difficult, and your eyes glaze over as you try to look as if you are listening, but meanwhile you are far far away. Our friend(s) may be Godly, but don’t have contentment.

Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment. 1 Timothy 6:6, so here’s a question: “If there is great gain in Godliness WITH contentment, does it not follow that Godliness WITHOUT contentment is a great loss? I think so. I trust God will grant us the ability to be fully content with the lot God has given us, whatever the circumstance. After all, there is always someone worse off than you and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment