Saturday 20 August 2016

We Can Certainly Do It

We should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it. Numbers 13:30

We are surrounded by good friends who would do anything to help in your time of need. When you look at them, they are in no fit state to help anyone, or so you think. But they step up where others step back, and put their shoulder to the wheel and set themselves against the job to be done. That, my friend, is selfless.

Have you ever noticed that they usually are the ones who seem weak, with enough of their own issues, and least able or likely to help, but are the true friends who, with a broad grin will lend that ungrudging helping hand? I have seen it first hand, and the images don’t go away.

I have taken a liberty with the text, and used bold and underline colour to highlight and make my point. As I become older and have seen more of life, it has occurred to me that people who have their own serious struggles have an outlook which is at odds with their condition. Or so we think. They don’t see it that way. When you are faced with the brevity of life, it all takes on new meaning. There is nothing to prove now. You don’t have to feel obliged. Faith is real and unquestioned. All the minor problems of faith don’t count, because you now know without any shadow of doubt, what is true. And more importantly, Who is true. Jesus Christ is the author of their faith, it is no longer theory, and they KNOW it. Be thankful for the Spirit of God you see plainly in the hearts and lives of those who battle any serious illness, and we all know some who will give their best for the sake of others, and their Saviour. It’s the least they can do. I know it and you do too! The Word of God has echoed their sentiment clearly.

I can do all this through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

I know that You can do all things; no purpose of Yours can be thwarted. Job 42:2

No comments:

Post a Comment